Natural antidepressants and tips to ward off depression and feel better
When one is depressed, the first option is usually to go to a psychiatrist or psychologist. In case you go to a psychiatrist he will give you psychotropic drugs to remedy the situation as soon as possible and thus get you out of the psychic well in which you find yourself.
The other option is to perform a series of natural activities that we will detail on this occasion, and that in one way or another will be very useful to get out of the depressed state in which you find yourself. But let's go in parts.
The depression consists of a serious illness that affects us both physically and mentally in our way of thinking and feeling. Many experts consider it one of the most serious, serious and common mental health problems. But we must differentiate the depression from the own sadness or melancholy that we can commonly feel in certain moments of our life, in the same way that we can also feel joy, joy and pleasure.
That sadness or punctual melancholy are not pathological, but when a person suffers them in a prolonged and severe way, and also with related symptoms that affect her in her day to day, we actually find ourselves before what is called depression.
About its causes some cases can be explained by hereditary reasons, when the levels of cortisol and other chemical agents that act in our brain rise. There are also other factors that can influence its appearance: the loss of a job, not knowing how to adapt to certain changes ...
Besides antidepressant drugs prescribed by the psychiatrist there are some antidepressants of natural origin They can be very helpful when it comes to improving symptoms and, above all, providing our bodies with essential nutrients useful in this regard.
Natural tips and habits useful as antidepressants
There are some habits that if you add them to your life and your day to day routinely will be of great help when it comes to preventing or reducing the symptoms of depression, mainly because they will help you to feel much better and they will encourage you . They are the following:
- Meditation: It is scientifically proven that meditation reduces depressive states by up to 50% since they leave aside the problems that afflict them and focus on relaxing images such as mountains, beaches, rivers, etc.
- Eat sushi: People with depression are proven to have low levels of Omega 3 fatty acid in the blood and crude fish oil makes those amounts improve.
- Perform exercises: For example, riding a bicycle, walking or dancing, release natural chemicals called endorphins that help to improve the mood of the sick person.
- Take sun: It is proven that vitamin D of ultra violet rays increases serotonin levels in the brain. It is recommended to be exposed 15 minutes to the sun in the morning or in the afternoon.
- To laugh out loud: As the famous American doctor Hunter Doherty said "Patch" Adams laugh is the best therapy since it eliminates stress hormones. As a positive side effect relaxes the muscles of the face, chest and wrinkles do not appear.
Foods and nutrients that act as natural antidepressants
In addition to the habits that we have indicated you previously there are also certain foods and essential nutrients equally useful against depression. We reveal them to you next:
- Natural foods that can fight depression naturally: those rich in vitamin C since this vitamin reduces the production of vanadium a mineral that has been discovered as a generator of bipolar depression. Among the citrus fruits that contribute the most to this vitamin are lemons, grapefruits, oranges and limes).
- The serotonin It seems to become a link that binds vitamin D and Omega-3. There are foods that are carriers of this vitamin such as asparagus, spinach, carrots, lettuce, which in turn are generators of folic acid (vitamin B9) which is one of the best components to combat depression.
- The amino acids They are also true militants for depression. Some foods that contain this component are: garlic, onions, pumpkin, chestnuts, legumes and mango. Bananas are one of the fruits richest in amino acids (tryptophan).
- There are several spices that are natural antidepressants such as turmeric: it is medically proven that it can be used both in seasonal depressions and affective disorders. It is also proven that pepper or cayenne pepper increases the morale of the people because it stimulates the production of endorphins that are known as the happiness hormone.
- Finally the ginger It is also rich in the production of endorphins, which is why the fresh root can be added in both infusions and meals.
Nor can we forget those foods not suitable for depression. They are coffee, simple carbohydrates such as sugar, chocolate, soft drinks, refined flours, and so on. This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician. We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor.