Tips to take care of teeth
How many times have you heard your grandmother or your parents say that teeth They are the most important part of our body, precisely because it is for life, and because it is the part that allows us to chew the food we consume every day.
But it is also a part that we must take care of daily, since the so-called dental plaque (a thin film of bacteria that forms from the decomposition of food and drinks, among others), accumulates in the teeth, causing acids that little by little They are damaging the enamel.
This plate tends to cause a hole over time, besides, of course, being a potential cause of cavities.
Recommended products for dental cleaning
Toothpaste with fluoride
It helps prevent both the deterioration and wear of the teeth, by having antibacterial agents that help improve the quality of dental enamel on the one hand, while on the other it makes the teeth more resistant to decay.
Although originally little used because it is often "belittled", the truth is that dental floss can help a lot when it comes to taking care of your teeth.
It helps eliminate the food that has accumulated between the teeth, so it is essential to keep the mouth clean.
It is useful to perform mouth rinses, not only providing flavor and aroma to the mouth, but different compounds and substances with antiseptic and antibacterial virtues.
Unlike what you think, it is best to use it before brushing.
Tips for caring for your teeth
- Brush your teeth after every meal, at least 15 minutes later (it is not advisable to wait longer).
- Flosses at least once a day.
- Follow a balanced diet and avoid or reduce the consumption of sugary soft drinks and sweets, so harmful to the health of our teeth.
- Stop smoking: did you know that it increases the risk of gum disease, among other negative health effects?
- Visit your dentist at least once a year. It will help you to make a revision and it will clean your mouth.
How to get a real cleaning of the teeth?
It is very usual that in most cases we do not know how to brush your teeth properly. Therefore, it is necessary to follow the following steps:
- Always brush your teeth gently, using a brush with soft bristles (that do not hurt the gums).
- Make small circular and short movements, backwards and forwards.
- Brush carefully and gently along the gum line.
- Do not forget the tongue: always brush it lightly.
Image | mmmcrafts This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician. We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor.