Tricks to take care of the heart
The heart It is one of the most important organs of our body, mainly because, through its action of pumping blood, it allows nutritive substances to reach every corner of our body.
Precisely for this reason, food is closely linked to the functioning of the heart, so taking care of what we eat daily helps protect the heart. heart health.
But are there a series of tricks to take care of the heart to protect it and thus enjoy good health? Here are some basic tips.
Tricks to take care of the health of the heart
Surely you know that heart disease is one of the leading causes of death in the Western world, mainly because many people maintain styles or habits of life not as healthy as could be desired.
It is estimated that one person in four currently suffers from a heart or blood vessel disease.
But, fortunately, these types of diseases can be prevented if you know how to take care of the heart:
- Eliminate those foods that can increase body weight, especially animal fats, refined sugars and confectionery products (industrial bakery).
- Reduce foods that contain saturated fats, as they increase LDL cholesterol and, at the same time, promote obesity.
- Lower levels of both high cholesterol and high triglycerides. Maintaining these high levels is a risk to the health of the heart.
- Smoking doubles the risk of suffering heart attack. Avoid smoking, or quit smoking if you use it habitually. The health of your heart is at stake.
- If you have diabetes, the best thing to take care of your heart is to keep it at bay and control it.
- Take care of your weight: it is essential not to increase the pressure on the heart, something that causes excess weight.
- Practice regular exercise. Not only will it help you maintain good health, it will help you strengthen your heart and help you pump better.
- Keep a healthy and healthy diet, rich mainly in fruits, vegetables and vegetables.
- Abandons excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Always choose healthy and healthy foods: foods rich in fiber, potassium or low in sodium, such as vegetables and low-calorie fruits. Do not forget either those foods rich in antioxidants.
- Opt for the Mediterranean diet, ideal to protect and care for our heart.
- Perform regular physical exercise moderately, preferably daily.
- Avoid eating cold meats and sausages, butter, chips or snacks, hamburgers and frozen industrial production, or soft drinks.