Christmas meat cakes, with cinnamon and sugar. Christmas recipe
Believe it or not, the meatloaf It is probably one of the most typical cakes of Christmas, being extremely common during these popular dates. It is consumed in many countries, and stands out for becoming a traditional option that is usually served these days in candy stores and bakeries, and that many people tend to prepare at home.
As its name suggests, it consists of a kind of small size cake which is filled with sweet ground beef, whose filling usually tends to be accompanied by cinnamon Y nails, that help to contribute the particular flavor and the characteristic aroma that this type of pies give off when biting them. Further, It stands out for its sweet and aromatic flavor, and not at all strong.
During these Christmas holidays it is common to consume it as a dessert or even as a snack during the morning or afternoon, accompanied by a cup of coffee or hot tea. However, because it is a substantial and very nutritious dish, some people prefer it as a main dish.
Your advantage? That besides being delicious and not leaving anyone indifferent can be consumed both hot and cold, although in my case I prefer it cold since it helps to highlight better its flavor and texture. Do you dare to prepare it with us? Although it is somewhat laborious, the result is unmistakable.
Recipe for Christmas meat pies
You will notice that the recipe for meat pies is complicated and laborious, but the result will undoubtedly be impeccable. It will take you about 1 hour to prepare them, and about 30 minutes to cook them.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 kg of flour
- 150 gr of lard
- 750 gr of margarine
- 1/2 liter of water
- a pinch of salt
Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 2 kg of pork
- 200 gr of breadcrumbs
- 1 head of garlic
- 400 gr of sugar
- 1/4 kg of ground and baked almonds
- 4 ground nails
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- The zest of 1 lemon
- Powdered sugar
How to make Christmas meat pies:
- First of all let's start by making the puff pastry that will make the cake itself. To do this place the flour on the table and form a volcano, where right in the center you will place the lard, the water and a pinch of salt. Love everything until you get a paste as compact as possible. Then let it stand for 20 minutes. After this time make a cross with the help of a knife, and with a roller stretch it forming a four-pointed star. Right in the middle put the margarine, close the four ends and with the help of the roller, stretch it little by little, but being careful not to press. Let rest another 20 minutes. Fold the dough and continue stretching, until you give six turns (this way you will get the sheets of puff pastry). Finally, stretch them a little until they are about 3 millimeters thick. Lists
- Now let's start making the filling. To do this, cut the pork into pieces. Put the cut meat to cook in a large saucepan or cauldron, along with the whole head of garlic and the sprigs of parsley.
- When the meat is cooked, remove from the cauldron and grind it well together with the bread, the almonds, the sugar, the cloves, the lemon zest and the cinnamon. Now put this filling dough on the fire until it boils (it is important that you move it continuously so that it does not stick).
- Now it's time to prepare the cakes. You will need small molds for each cake. For this, put the sheets of puff pastry inside the molds, well adhered so that they acquire the cake shape that we want. Fill the inside of the sheets with the proportion of meat you prefer, and cover with the help of another sheet of puff pastry.
- Place the cakes one by one on a baking sheet, which you must have covered with baking paper. Place in the oven and cook at medium temperature, until you notice that the sheets of puff pastry have acquired a golden tone.
- When they acquire this color, remove the cakes from the oven and let them rest a little.
- Finally, when the cakes are cold sprinkle with plenty of icing sugar on top.
- Ready! You can enjoy them now.