Kuromame tea or black soy tea: benefits and how to do it
There is no doubt that Japan becomes one of the main countries where the tea, in all its varieties, is definitely one of the most consumed beverages, along with China, India and other countries, both Eastern and Asian. And what are those varieties of tea most consumed? Without any doubt they emphasize especially the Green Tea and the black tea, Besides of White tea and the Red tea. However, we can also find other wonderful tea drinks made and prepared from the original plant.
This is the case of the popularly known in this country as kuromame tea, which also tends to be referred to simply as the black soy tea.
What is kuromame tea?
It is a drink that is made from the cooking of black soybeans, which is popularly known in Japan under the name of kuromame. This type of soy is actually completely identical to conventional soybean (that is, to the variety of yellow soybeans we all know), with the difference that its shell is darker, hence it is also referred to as black soy beans.
In fact, although in our country we consume more the yellow soybean, in fact we can find ourselves with a total of 4 different varieties or types: the yellow soybeans, the green soybeans, the reddish soybeans and finally the black soybeans.
In addition to the elaboration of kuromame tea, the truth is that black soybeans are used mainly for the production of sweets, even served as a sweet dessert.
Benefits of kuromame tea
There are several interesting ones benefits that kuromame tea brings us made from black soybeans Here we highlight the most important:
- Very rich in polyphenols: As you surely know, the polyphenols They are antioxidant compounds that help reduce or reduce the negative action of free radicals. In the particular case of tea kuromame provides anthocyanins, which help to combat and prevent a wide variety of diseases, such as arteriosclerosis, cardiovascular disease in general and cancer.
- Helps reduce cholesterol and triglycerides: for its antioxidant content, it is an interesting drink in case of high cholesterol and triglycerides levels, which in turn reduces the risk of arteriosclerosis.
- Useful for weight loss: it is known that anthocyanins are capable of inhibiting the absorption of fats by our body, hence in Japan this drink is considered an excellent slimming tonic. We can also mention the presence of saponin, a chemical compound capable of inhibiting the absorption of fats.
- High content of isoflavones: isoflavones are a type of antioxidant plant substances with phytoestrogenic action, useful to reduce the symptoms of menopause. In addition, they intervene and participate in the prevention of bone decalcification.
How to make kuromame tea at home
Ingredients that you need
- 1 handful of black soybean seeds or beans
- 1 cup of water
Steps to prepare kuromame tea
The steps are really very simple. First put the handful of black soy beans in a pan and sauté a little for a few minutes over high heat. When the husk of the grains turns brown and when you touch them you will listen as a kind of crunch will be ready.
Meanwhile put the equivalent of a cup of water and let it boil. Once the water and black soybean seeds are ready, put the beans in the pot of boiled water and let stand to cover it for 5 to 10 minutes. Finally sneak and drink.
Images | T.Tseng / wakanmuri TopicsSoy Tea