Black salt: what it is, benefits and 2 delicious recipes
The black salt is currently one of the most popular condiments globally due to the wide range of benefits it provides to the body. It is a type of unrefined salt that has been used since ancient times in India and has a volcanic origin.
Its power to salt is considerably less than that of traditional salt and its texture is quite similar; although a characteristic characteristic of black salt is that it does not have any type of smell.
The benefits of black salt and its composition
In relation to the chemical composition of this type of salt, it contains many minerals such as sulfur, iron, sodium chloride, potassium chloride and sulfur compounds.
People with sodium problems
Salt is a very commonly used food product; it is added in practically all the dishes.
However, traditional salt, if consumed in excess, can lead to a large selection of health complications, such as hypertension due to potassium iodide and aluminum silicate.
Thus, black salt is presented as a fantastic alternative for those who wish to take care of their health.
This type of salt has a great selection of health benefits. On the one hand, it is a natural laxative, so it helps improve intestinal transit and avoid problems such as constipation. On the other hand, it has benefits for the eyes. And, finally, it does not increase the sodium intake.
Of course you have to take into account that black salt has a high sulfur content, so it is not advisable to abuse it.
Skin and hair
The benefits of black salt go beyond the body; They also affect the skin and hair. It is a 100% natural healing ingredient to treat dry skin. As for the hair, it strengthens it in a remarkable way while stimulating its growth, repairing it from the root.
The best recipes with black salt
In the kitchen, black salt has become one of the star ingredients when it comes to making a large selection of dishes.
On the one hand, it is an ingredient that attracts a lot of attention and that makes the dishes more appealing. And, on the other hand, it has a wide variety of health benefits.
Vegetable salad with black salt
- 125 grams of cooked chickpeas
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 green pepper
- ¼ onion
- Black salt
- First the chickpeas are cooked. Once cooked, the next one must be reserved cold.
- Then the onion is minced and placed in a bowl with a little salt to eliminate part of the itch. Cut the tomato into cubes and chop the pepper. Both ingredients are reserved.
- In a large bowl the salad is prepared. The first is to place the chickpeas as a base and then the pepper, tomato and onion. Add the olive oil and sprinkle the black salt in flakes.
Allow to cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and serve.
Toast of wholemeal bread with peppers and anchovy
An exquisite option for an aperitif at a dinner or lunch with friends.
- Tomato salad
- Wholemeal bread
- 1 red pepper
- 1 black pepper
- Black salt
- Cream cheese
- Olive oil
- The whole loaves are toasted in the oven until they are toasted. Meanwhile, the anchovy fillets are cut in half and reserved.
- Put a jet of oil and sauté the previously chopped peppers in the pan for a few minutes. Cut the tomato into cubes and start to assemble the lid.
- The integral bread acts as a base. A cream of cheese and a trickle of skin are spread over it. The tomato and anchovies are placed. Then add the sauteed peppers and sprinkle a little black salt. Delicious!