Naturopathic diet therapy: what it is and benefits of naturopathic nutrition
Naturopathic diet therapy is part of the diet therapy itself, and is based on studying and applying dietetics under naturist criteria. As we know, food is considered one of the fundamental pillars to achieve and maintain good health.
However, today we are going to deal with a discipline that is responsible for studying and applying dietetics under naturist criteria: the naturopathy diet therapy.
And is that if the diet therapy itself (as we will see in a few days), is the application of the art of nutrition and diet to the different problems of the feeding, the naturopathic diet therapy tries to apply dietetic norms under the naturist criterion.
What is naturopathic diet therapy and what is it based on?
As we indicated, the so-called naturopathic diet therapy, naturist nutrition or simply natural diet therapy, is one that applies nutritional and dietary standards, taking especially into account the naturist criterion.
For this, the naturist diet therapy is based on the consumption of both organic and biological food, especially those that do not contain pesticides, non-natural chemical fertilizers or additives (as well as those made with chemical additives, artificial sweeteners and preservatives).
The diet must be rich in fiber, since it decreases the risk of contracting diseases of the digestive system, and both bread and rice should be integral, since, in addition, they contain more vitamins and minerals than refined ones.
It should also be taken into account the attempt not to consume those foods that are canned, as we indicated at the time, reduce certain vitamins and active ingredients.
The idea is to be able to get all the benefits of many foods, so that they have to be ingested, whenever possible, raw; since in this way they preserve their properties better.
The benefits of naturopathic nutrition
There is no doubt that following a diet, nutrition or naturist nutrition provides many health benefits, thanks to the fact that it is precisely a type of food based, above all, on the consumption of foods of plant and natural origin, ecological and biological. And what are those benefits ?:
- It helps prevent cardiovascular diseases:Many scientific studies have shown that the monitoring of a diet based on the consumption of foods such as fresh vegetables, and also low in animal fats, is an excellent prevention in diseases and pathologies such as high cholesterol, high triglycerides, high blood pressure or diabetes.
- Help to take care of the heart:By maintaining a rather low consumption of animal fats (especially rich in saturated fats), optimal levels of cholesterol and triglycerides are maintained, which in the long run translates into maintaining good heart health.
- Help to follow a healthier lifestyle:It is evident that following a naturopathic diet is synonymous with good health. Moreover, it has been noted through various scientific studies, that those who follow a natural diet (vegan or vegetarian) tend to care more about their lifestyle; which includes in turn, for example, the practice of physical exercise and to avoid habits that are not as healthy as the consumption of alcohol or tobacco.
The main keys of a naturopathic diet
Although we have already briefly commented on some of the fundamental aspects and keys of nutrition and naturopathic diet, we must remind you again which are the most important criteria, especially if you also want to follow a more natural type of diet:
- Organic or biological food:It is essential that the food consumed be of ecological or biological origin. This means that, for its production or processing, no substances or elements of non-natural origin have been used. For example, in the case of vegetables, fruits and vegetables, they must come from organic farming, in which no type of fertilizer or unnatural substance has been used. On the other hand, both eggs and dairy products have had to be obtained ecologically or biologically. It is important that the animals are at liberty.
- Raw food:It is advisable to consume raw foods whenever possible, over cooked foods. The main reason is that, during the cooking process, it is very common to lose certain compounds, substances and active principles.
- Natural fermentation products:As is the case with sauerkraut or kefir, they are essential.
- Proteins and vegetables:It is recommended to adopt a type of diet based especially on foods of vegetable origin, reducing the consumption of fats and animal proteins.