How to make cereal energy bars
Some years ago known as Cereal bars began to become fashionable, especially among athletes, for their incredible energetic qualities, which provided extra energy at times when they needed it. Soon after, they started selling themselves as a useful natural option to enjoy the different benefits of cereals, and since then it is not only possible to find them easily in the market (in many shops and sports establishments), but they are ideal for easily do at home.
An example are the wonderful ones oatmeal bars about whose recipe we talked to you on a previous occasion. An excellent option to enjoy the different benefits that the oats, as well as the rest of the ingredients used for its elaboration (in this case, raisins, apricot apricots, sesame seeds and honey stand out).
The truth is that with a deliciously varied diversity of cereals, nuts and seeds it is possible to make your own energy cereal bars. An excellent choice for breakfast or snack, as an extra energy contribution when you practice sports or go to the countryside to go hiking, or just as a snack. Its preparation is very simple. We tell you what ingredients you need and what are the necessary steps to make them at home.
Discover how to make your own cereal bars
Ingredients that you need
- 230 gr. of oat flakes
- 50 gr. of chopped nuts
- 50 gr. of chopped almonds (raw)
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons of flax seeds
- 6 cookies (Maria type)
- 3 tablespoons grated coconut
- 100 gr. of butter
- 100 gr. of honey
- 100 gr. of brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
Steps to prepare energy cereal bars
First preheat the oven to 200 ºC. While the oven is heating, put the diced butter together with the brown sugar and honey in a large saucepan over a low heat while stirring. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and add the rolled oats, almonds and chopped nuts, chopped cookies, flax and sesame seeds, grated coconut and a pinch of salt.
Cover a baking tray or baking sheet with vegetable paper and put the dough into it. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 200 ºC, until you notice that the dough has browned a little.
Then let cool a little. Once the dough is cold cut into bars.
What are the benefits of cereal bars?
There are several benefits that these delicious cereal bars bring you:
- High content of essential nutrients: for the different natural ingredients they contain, these cereal bars provide interesting amounts of vitamins, minerals, complex carbohydrates, fiber and also antioxidants. They are a nutritious way of providing our body with essential nutrients.
- They are very energetic: being made with honey, nuts and cereals the bars are not only delicious but they provide energy in a moderate amount, so they are ideal for breakfast to start the morning or in those moments when you need an extra contribution of energy.
- Very rich in fiber: for its content in oats, flax and sesame seeds these bars are extremely rich in dietary fiber, which helps in a very positive way in case of constipation, regulating intestinal transit.
Images | Bianca Moraes / jamieanne