Remedies for the metabolic syndrome: useful tips and infusions
The causes that could cause the known as metabolic syndrome at present they are still not entirely clear, however many of the studies and investigations that do coincide in the appearance of various symptoms to make the diagnosis of this disease.
It is a disease that 20 years ago used to be diagnosed to people over 50 years, at present this pattern of age has been at 35 years. As you can see, the risk factor already begins to affect the younger population.
The metabolic syndrome according to the research and the definitions of the studies that have been published define this syndrome as a set of metabolic disorders in which at least four of these symptoms develop at the same time.
The four factors are: central obesity (excessive waist circumference), insulin resistance or glucose intolerance, high level of blood lipids (high level of triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol), and hypertension.
Other symptoms that may occur accompanying the above are: sleep apnea, snoring and the sudden and momentary suspension of breathing.
The causes why the cases of this disease have increased as well as affecting younger people according to the studies carried out coincide in relating them to Unhealthy lifestyle habits such as following an inadequate diet in which the consumption of processed foods, rich in saturated fats and sugars, as well as sedentary life are present.
Some people considered at risk may be more predisposed to suffer from metabolic syndrome such as overweight people, diabetics or people suffering from hyperinsulinemia.
How can we appreciate if we take care of ourselves by carrying out healthy lifestyle habits? We will contribute to a large extent to avoid the appearance of this syndrome as much as possible.
Useful tips to avoid metabolic syndrome
The natural remedies to avoid metabolic syndrome are the following:
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet, rich in vegetables, fresh fruits, rich in fiber, whole grains, blue fish, moderate consumption of red meats and sausages, reduce the consumption of salt and sugar, nuts rich in essential fatty acids Omega 3, virgin olive oil , alfalfa sprouts, soybeans, legumes, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, soy lecithin, brewer's yeast, reduce the consumption of exciting drinks such as coffee, hydrate well by drinking 1.5 to 2 liters of water per day.
- Avoid processed foods, rich in saturated fats and sugars.
- Avoid the consumption of sugary drinks, and especially cola drinks. The same goes for juices and sugary juices.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol and tobacco.
- Avoid obesity, overweight and sedentary lifestyle.
- Avoid stress.
In addition to the healthy lifestyle habits that we have previously facilitated, we can also resort to natural products such as medicinal herbs and plants that can help us to take care of our health and avoid suffering from metabolic syndrome.
Five ideal infusions for the metabolic syndrome
There are some very useful infusions against the metabolic syndrome. Here we talk about the most useful and outstanding:
- Infusion of artichoke: The artichoke is a good depurative, helps reduce high cholesterol levels, and blood sugar, promoting the elimination of fats and improving the functioning of the metabolism. From this infusion it is advisable to take a cup every day on an empty stomach.
- Burdock infusion: Burdock stimulates the secretion of digestive and bile juices, helping to improve the digestion process. Take a cup of burdock infusion, three times a day.
- Infusion of milk thistle: Milk thistle is a good liver protector, and cleanser, by freeing the body of toxins and fats. Take a cup of this infusion three times a day after eating.
- Gentian infusion: gentian is a plant with digestive properties, promotes the secretion of juices from bile and gastric juices. Take a cup of this infusion 15 minutes before meals.
- Cinnamon infusion: Cinnamon has digestive properties, is anticoagulant, antioxidant, prevents cardiovascular diseases, and stabilizes blood sugar levels. It is advisable to have a cup daily after meals.
People who are predisposed to suffer from metabolic syndrome should change their life habits as soon as possible, because if they do not, it can be even more complicated, leading to the development of other diseases such as diabetes, excessive blood coagulation, coronary heart disease or the non-alcoholic fatty liver (NAFLD)
It is advisable to go to the doctor to communicate your health status and make the appropriate revisions. If you are obese, propose to lose weight with medical control. It is also advisable to avoid sedentary lifestyle, walk at least 30 minutes daily.
On the other hand, we must not forget to perform regular checks with analytics to control cholesterol levels, triglycerides and blood glucose, and maintain regular control of blood pressure. This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician. We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor. ThemesInfusions