How to relieve the dizziness of the car, plane or train with tips and natural remedies
The dizziness that occurs as a result of the movement when we travel both by car, by boat, train or plane It is quite annoying and makes us not enjoy the trip at any time.
This disorder is known by the medical name of motion sickness. Some people do not suffer from motion sickness while others have a hard time.
This discomfort is a disturbance of balance, occurs due to an inadequacy or contradiction between the perceptions of our sensory organs, which intervene in the balance, hearing, sight, and analysis that the brain makes of them.
As a result of this dizziness we begin to feel bad and with this discomfort the first symptoms appear: nausea, sweating, imbalance, fatigue, malaise in general, and often vomiting.
It is a problem that not only affects adults but also children who are the most likely to suffer from movement sickness especially when traveling by car or boat.
Motion sickness in children usually does not appear before 2 years of age.
The holidays are approaching and nothing will be preparing us to enjoy them for what we do suffer from this ailment it is better to prevent and avoid dizziness when possible.
Here are some tips that can help us not get dizzy.
Advice to avoid getting dizzy as much as possible
There are some useful tips that can be of great help when it comes to avoiding seasickness when we move with the car or when traveling by train, plane or boat.
The most suitable and we recommend are the following:
- Before traveling in any means of locomotion, car, boat, plane, avoid copious meals, eat lightly.
- When the trip is short, better not to eat.
- If the trip is by car opens the windows well so there is good ventilation.
- Avoid strong smells like cologne, air fresheners, perfume, tobacco.
Do not read, do not fix the sight on the same point or object inside the car.
- Travel always in the direction of the march, looking forward,
- If you drive you avoid swerving, accelerating, abrupt braking, driving slowly smoothly, reducing speed when cornering.
- If you are the passenger, ask the driver to drive smoothly as we have previously advised and look at the landscape.
- If we are going to take a long trip we should rest every 2 hours or sooner if you need it.
- Get out of the car to walk, stretch your legs and catch some air.
- If we notice dizziness when we are driving, we should stop the car and rest, if we need it we rest our head a little.
- Perform several strong inspirations while deep helps to improve nausea.
- If the trip is by boat, the part of the boat that moves least is the central part, so it is better to sit in this area, and if it can be better on the outside deck so that we can get the air and look at the horizon.
- If we can relax and rest better sleep for a while, the trip will be shorter.
- Avoid as much as possible get up and avoid dizzy.
- When the trip is by plane try to sit in the part of the window to be able to look outside.
- Try to look for the central part of the plane near the wings in that area it is less noticeable the movement of the plane.
In the pharmacy we can find products to relieve the dizziness, but they produce drowsiness and in case of having to drive we can not take it.
Other options to avoid the dizziness that we can find in the pharmacy are the anti-aging bracelets and also the chewing gum, consult with your pharmacist and choose the most appropriate for you case.
Natural remedies to relieve dizziness
Resorting to some natural and home remedies can also help us to avoid getting dizzy.
Some fruits for their properties are good for preventing nausea such as pineapple and papaya.
Pineapple or papaya juice to prevent nausea
With these fruits we can make a pineapple or papaya juice and we must drink a glass before traveling.
Ginger juice or ginger tea to prevent dizziness
Ginger has effective properties to prevent dizziness and general malaise caused by motion sickness.
If you choose to make the ginger juice we can take the measure of a cup of coffee ginger juice before traveling.
If you opt for ginger tea, you need to boil a cup of mineral water and when it is boiling, turn off the heat and add a teaspoon of grated ginger.
Let stand half a minute, strain the tea, let it warm and we will take sips at intervals of one minute.
We will take it before traveling.
The essential oils that we provide are also a good remedy since they have antispasmodic properties and also help to balance the nervous system.
Lavender essential oil
Lavender is a plant that helps relieve dizziness.
We just need to throw a few drops of lavender on a handkerchief and suck gently the moment we start getting dizzy.
Lemon essential oil
The essential oil of lemon contains antispasmodic properties that will help us to alleviate both nausea and vomiting.
We will put 3 drops of lemon essential oil on a handkerchief and inhale it when we notice the first symptoms of nausea.
Other essential oils that help prevent dizziness
Rosemary essential oil and peppermint essential oil.
The essential oils that we have recommended above are for adults and are contraindicated in the following cases:
- In case of pregnancy.
- During the period of lactation.
- In children under 12 years old.
- People with delicate stomach
In contrast, the choice of fruit juices is appropriate and appropriate for these cases mentioned above.
In case of suffering from dizziness before any movement we should consult with the doctor to rule out problems in the ears or any other pathology. This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician. We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor.