2 recipes with turkey for Christmas
Now that we are on the verge of enjoying the Christmas (Without a doubt, one of the most celebrated, well-known and traditional festivals of the year), there is no doubt that it is an excellent moment when we organize ourselves to discover what possible recipes we could elaborate for the holidays, highlighting above all the dinner of Christmas as New Year's Eve. And, as it could not be less, one of the most traditional foods of this time is the Turkey.
The Turkey It is a habitual food in many houses at this time. In fact, one of the most popular recipes is the Stuffed turkey, which is served accompanied by nuts such as chestnuts, walnuts and raisins.
From a nutritional point of view, the turkey is part of the group of White meats (as with chicken or rooster). As you surely know, this type of meat is characterized by being low in fat and by providing few calories.
It is a food especially rich in fatty acids, essential for our body as they provide heart-healthy benefits, helping to protect the health of our cardiovascular system. In addition, its cholesterol content is actually very low, making it an ideal product for people who have high cholesterol.
It also stands out for its high content of B vitamins and iron, and its zero glycemic index is an ideal food also for people with diabetes.
If you want to encourage you to make a delicious turkey at this time, here are two wonderful and delicious recipes. Do you dare to elaborate them with us ?.
Escalopes from turkey to orange
- 8 escalopes of turkey
- 2 large oranges
- 60 gr. of butter
- 1.5 dl. cream
Preparation of the escalope from turkey to orange
- Grate the orange With the help of a juicer get your juice and reserve.
- Peel the other orange, separating it into segments. Reservation.
- In a deep dish season the turkey scallops with salt and pepper to taste. Rebozalos with flour.
- In a pan heat the butter.
- After having breaded the escalopes, and when the butter is hot, fry the escalopes on both sides.
- In a bowl put the frying sauce, add the orange zest and the juice. Leave boiling for a couple of minutes. Add the cream and mix well. Over low heat, let the sauce thicken (but without it boiling.
- Ready! Serve the schnitzels accompanied by the sansa de nata, and garnish with the orange segments.
Turkey breasts with chestnuts and apples
- 800 gr. of turkey breasts
- 750 gr. of peeled chestnuts
- 2 red apples
- 1 dl. of chicken broth
- 1 dl. Of olive oil
- 1 dl. cream
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick (on branch)
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Black pepper
Preparation of turkey breasts with chestnuts and apples
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Put the chestnuts in a saucepan, with water and salt. Cook for a few minutes. Reserve some whole, and with the rest make a chestnut puree.
- In a bowl mix the pepper, the crushed garlic, the sprig of rosemary and the olive oil.
- Garnish the turkey breasts with the pepper and garlic mixture. Bake them in the oven for 40 minutes (occasionally sprinkle with the broth, so that the meat does not dry).
- Meanwhile, peel the apples. In a saucepan, cook the apples with water and the cinnamon stick. Then drain them and crush them.
- Add the cream to the chestnut puree. Incorporate apples.
- Cut the meat into slices and sprinkle with the sauce.
Image | Chewy Chua