Gingerbread: aromatic recipe very easy to make
Christmas is coming and it is time to think about the dishes that will be served at family dinners and dinners. There is a great selection of recipes that are very simple to make and that are delicious, like the Gingerbread. A great option to serve as a dessert accompanied by a coffee or an infusion.
The gingerbread recipe It requires a lot of ingredients, but it is not at all complicated to elaborate. You can even ask the children of the house to help prepare this recipe and thus turn the preparation into a fun family activity.
And, in addition, it becomes a wonderful dessert for the Christmas after-dinner, after a meal or a dinner accompanied by our relatives or dearest friends. It stands out in fact for being a wonderful option for lovers of aromatic sweets, since the ginger and cinnamon give it a simply excellent aroma.
Gingerbread recipe step by step
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ⅔ cup of molasses
- 3 / $ dark beer cup
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
Step by step recipe for making gingerbread:
- In a large glass bowl, combine the flour, ginger powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix all the ingredients very well until they are integrated with each other.
- Put a saucepan on the fire and heat the beer over medium heat. Occasionally stir until it comes to a boil.
- Once it reaches its boiling point, remove it from the heat and add the baking soda. It should be done little by little until a frothy mixture is obtained. The brown sugar is added and the ingredients are mixed until they dissolve.
- In another large glass bowl, beat the eggs and, once they are ready, add the vegetable oil and the grated ginger. Mix all the ingredients until a paste with a uniform consistency is obtained. Then, it is added little by little the beer heated medium fire in the saucepan.
- Then add the first mixture of powdered ginger, salt and cinnamon. All the ingredients must be very well mixed.
- A large mold is greased and the preparation is poured little by little into it.
- The mold is placed in the oven, which must be preheated to 180º and baked for 40 minutes.
Gingerbread and Christmas
There is a very close and very beautiful relationship between ginger and Christmas. As this time approaches, the establishments of half the world begin to sell cookies and gingerbread.
Well, its origin is in the northern part of Europe and dates back to the 10th century. Everything seems to indicate that it was the Armenian-born monk Gregory of Nicopolis, the first to prepare this dessert in all of history.
According to the legend, this monk moved from Greece to France in the year 992, taking with him his Christmas recipe. Thus, gingerbread became a very popular dessert during the Christmas holidays.
In the beginning, only specialized bakers baked gingerbread. This dessert could only be found in special stores and Christmas markets; the gingerbread took all possible forms: hearts, trumpets, swords ...
Little by little this type of bread was taking on an increasingly decorative shade, beginning to paint it with different colors and even decorating it with golden leaves. It is said that gingerbread was also used for a while as a talisman in battles.
As for the gingerbread houses, the tradition has its origin in Germany at the beginning of the 19th century. Everything points to the fact that the first houses were inspired by the story "Hansel and Gretel".
Currently, cookies and gingerbread are consumed throughout the world during Christmas. Its popularity has been increasing and today is one of the best known Christmas desserts globally. ThemesChristmas recipes