How to cut diarrhea quickly
The diarrhea Consists of the frequent bowel movement of loose or loose stools. It is mainly due to the fact that the body is not able to absorb liquids, or it appears when the digestive system produces additional liquids.
Taking into account that the feces contain the material that the digestive system discards after the absorption of nutrients (both food and liquids), when we are facing a diarrheic process these stools contain more water, salts and minerals than those more solid stools.
Did you know that, in reality, diarrhea is a symptom, never a disease? In fact, it tends to appear when our body is freeing itself from an excess of waste caused by overeating, or by eliminating intruder organisms.
Explained more or less simply, we can say that diarrhea is the frequent bowel movement of loose or loose stools. Precisely when the body is not able to absorb liquids, or when the digestive system produces additional fluids, the stools will be liquid and loose, since they contain more water, salts and minerals and tend to weigh more than solid stools.
For this reason, it is essential that, in the presence of diarrhea, a lot of fluid be taken to provide the fluid lost; In this sense, isotonic drinks, with a high content of mineral salts, can also be interesting.
Depending on the duration of the diarrhea we will find two fundamental types:
- Acute diarrhea: short duration, usually lasts 1 to 2 days, but also even a little longer.
- Chronic diarrhea: lasts at least 3 weeks, and its symptoms may be continuous, or appear and disappear.
With regard to the causes of diarrhea, we can mainly meet with the following:
- Viruses causing diseases such as influenza.
- Bacteria or parasites of contaminated food or water.
- Certain medications (such as antibiotics)
- Digestive or intestinal diseases.
- Intestinal disorders that cause a malfunction of the colon (such as irritable bowel syndrome).
- Certain psychological disorders (such as gastritis nervosa).
In addition to following a astringent soft diet, consuming some of the ideal foods against diarrhea (as is the case in the first moments of rice water, grilled or cooked white fish and roasted apples with lemon zest), it is also possible to know some tips to cut diarrhea quickly.
Tips to cut diarrhea quickly
- Rice water: it is one of the best known and popular antidiarrheal remedies. You can make it by boiling 4 cups of water in a saucepan; when it comes to a boil, add half a cup of round, glutinous white rice, and simmer for 20 minutes. Finally you must strain the rice to drink the cooking water.
- Roasted or cooked apples: they are the best fruits against diarrhea; Of course, they must have been well cooked and have removed the skin (since it is very rich in fiber). You can consume it grated or in compote.
- Pears with cinnamon and lemon: well cooked, pears are a good astringent remedy. To make it, in a saucepan, cook three pears without the skin, the juice of 1 lemon, 1 cinnamon stick and 200 cc of water. When the pears are soft, remove the cinnamon stick and make a compote.
- Yogurt cream and pumpkin: in a saucepan place 6 slices of pumpkin. When they are cooked, remove the water, grind them and add the natural yogurt, forming a cream.
- Antidiarrhea infusion: an infusion made with 1 liter of water, 40 grams of leaves and flowers of mauve and a good trickle of lemon is useful to reduce and cut diarrhea. To make it, you must boil 1 liter of water, add the mauve and let it rest for a quarter of an hour; At the time of taking it, add the lemon trickle.
4 natural remedies to cut diarrhea quickly
Garlic to destroy harmful bacteria
The Garlic It is a very powerful food, precisely because of the different benefits it brings to health. While it strengthens our immune system, it is capable of destroy those bacteria that are harmful, but with an added advantage: it does not destroy the different bacteria that are beneficial, and that we find in the intestinal tract.
You can consume it in infusion or raw in salads.
Infusion of ginger and lemon
As he ginger, in its fresh as dry version, as the lemon they become an interesting traditional remedy in case of diarrhea, thanks to its antibacterial properties capable of eliminating the infectious microorganisms that cause intestinal problems.
What do you need?:
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of water
Preparation of the ginger infusion:
- Put in a saucepan the equivalent of a cup of water.
- When the water boils add the teaspoons of ginger.
- Let it boil for 3 minutes.
- After this time turn off the heat, cover and let rest 2 minutes.
- Wash and cut the lemon, and add it to the infusion.
- Finally sneak and drink.
How to take this infusion:You can take this infusion 3 times a day, until the diarrhea is controlled and disappears.
Infusion of cranberry and thyme leaves
Both cranberry leaves and thyme are two ingredients that, taken together, help in a very positive way when controlling diarrhea. For this we will explain how to make an infusion.
What do you need?:
- Cranberry leaves
- Thyme leaves
- 1 cup of water
Preparation of the infusion of cranberry and thyme leaves:
- In a saucepan put the equivalent to a cup of water, and heat the fire.
- When the water boils, add, in equal parts, the bilberry and thyme leaves.
- Let it boil for 3 minutes.
- After this time, turn off the heat, cover and let rest 2 minutes.
- Let the infusion cool down, and then drink.
How to take this infusion:You can take this infusion 3 times a day.
Other useful quick remedies against diarrhea
- Drink plenty of liquid: they help replenish the fluids that our body has lost with diarrhea. Although the best is water, you can also drink isotonic drinks or infusions (but do not have diuretic or laxative properties).
- Take rice broth: they say that there is no better soup for our stomach. And, moreover, it is particularly useful for diarrhea. Just make a little white rice and drain it: the resulting broth can be taken to settle our stomach.
- Eat low-fat proteins: they highlight during these days the consumption of a French omelette with a bit of cooked ham or cooked chicken.
- Avoid eating foods rich in fiber: Momentarily eliminates from your diet the cereals, vegetables, vegetables and legumes.
- Eat apples: the apples, like the rice broth, are very good for the stomach. Of course, it is only advisable to consume it if it has been cooked, grated or in the form of compote (especially without skin, which is rich in fiber).
- Avoid certain foods: like dairy products, coffee or orange juice.
In addition to everything indicated, do not forget something fundamental: if in two days you continue with diarrhea, go to your doctor. This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician. We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor. ThemesGastrointestinal disorders